Key features of the Oyster Capsule
- i-Size, meeting the latest safety testing standards
- Installed with the vehicle seatbelt or compatible ISOFIX base (sold separately)
- Adaptors available to allow you to attach the Capsule to your Oyster 3, Oyster Zero, Oyster Zero Gravity or Hybrid 2 pushchair chassis
- Lovely woven fabrics in a wide range of on-trend, unisex colours
i-Size safety in a stylish and comfortable seat
Suitable from birth, the i-Size Oyster Capsule infant carrier has an easily adjustable harness and headrest, an integrated sun canopy and features a side-impact defence system for optimum protection in the event of a collision.
The fabrics combine comfort and a sense of luxury, and coordinate perfectly with the Oyster 3 in all colours. The Oyster Capsule will also complement the Oyster Zero Gravity stroller in four colours - Mercury, Pepper, Mustard and Tonic.
The seat can be installed in most cars using the adult seatbelt or, for added convenience and peace of mind, the Oyster Duofix ISOFIX base. It utilises ‘click ‘n’ go technology’ and features intuitive release buttons which allow the Capsule to be easily moved between the base and your stroller chassis.
BabyStyle Oyster Capsule specifications:
- Suits: Baby
- Ages and stages: 40 - 83cm (birth - approx 15 months), maximum 13kg
- ISOFIX attachment: Both. Secure with adult seatbelt or compatible ISOFIX base (sold separately)
- Faces: Rear-facing
- Extended rear-facing: No
- Spins: No
- Colour style: Plain
- Available colours: Caviar (black), Pepper (dark grey), Mercury (mid grey), Truffle (tweed brown), Pebble (light grey-brown), Alpine Green, Peacock (teal), Regatta (denim blue), Berry (burgundy), Tonic (light grey basket weave), Mustard, Rich Navy, Cherry, Vanilla (as part of travel system bundle)
- Weight: 4.3kg
- Testing certification: ECE R129
The current safety guidelines advise that newborn babies are not left in their car seat for longer than 30 minutes. For babies 2-6 months, no longer than 2 hours. It is also safer to keep your child rear-facing for as long as possible - a minimum of 15 months but ideally 4 years. A child should never be in their harnessed car seat with a thick winter coat or snowsuit on.