Key features of the egg 2 travel system bundle
- Luxury, premium pushchair
- Ability to turn from a single to a tandem for two little ones (tandem adaptors and second seat sold separately)
- Reversible luxurious fleece liner included
- Bundle contains matching footmuff and beautiful designer-style changing backpack
- All the convenience of a travel system with matching i-Size infant car seat, ISOFIX base and adaptors to allow you to attach the car seat to your pushchair frame
- Child and parent-friendly features including one-handed three-position recline, removable gate-opening bumper bar, adjustable handle height and hidden extra storage
The egg 2: Style and substance
The egg’s smooth curves and infinite lines are immediately recognisable, and its advanced design and engineering are apparent as soon as you try the push or fold.
With a redesigned central hub, the central chassis is positioned 3.6cm higher than on the original egg, bringing baby closer to you and making tending to newborns easy when set up as a pram. Height adaptors are also still compatible with the egg2.
The carrycot or seat unit has to be removed before folding, but collapsing the frame is a one-handed operation that leaves a very compact package, which freestands with your leatherette handle clear of the ground.
egg2 has a slightly extended wheelbase (6cm longer), which makes for an expansive shopping basket. The larger front and rear wheels feature an attractive tri-spoke design that perfectly complements the chassis. Robust puncture-proof tyres feature a unique egg-shaped tread pattern, so you’ll leave your mark wherever you go! The combination of larger wheels, tyre material, suspension and egg’s Tru-Ride technology gives the smoothest ride for your little one, superior handling for you and added durability too.
Offering three-position recline and easily switched between parent and world-facing, the egg2 seat is designed to promote comfort for longer. The new seat is 7cm taller to last your growing toddler longer, and sits slightly higher. It also features a new slider mechanism accessed via the rear of the seat to allow for the simultaneous quick and simple adjustment of the harness and new headrest. The seat canopy features a ventilation net that can also be used as a viewing window, closed using magnets sewn into the fabric.
The removable bumper bar has a gate-fold function, and there is a five-position calf adjustment with a concealed storage compartment.
The latest fabrics offer soft-touch marl tailoring in a range of earthy, on-trend colours, with matching footmuffs and backpack-style changing bags as part of this bundle. The Special Edition strollers come with a new ‘top loader’ backpack included.
One of the benefits of the egg stroller is the ability to turn it into a tandem should a new baby come along with just the additional purchase of tandem adaptors (a new version for the egg2). The taller and longer chassis has made for greater space in all tandem configurations, and for twins or close-in-age siblings, tandem seats are currently available in Monument Grey, Quartz, Jurassic Grey and Just Black.
The egg2 carrycot (available in all egg2 colours) has evolved in both its shape and release mechanism; as a spacious nest suitable from birth - 9kg, it is longer and features an ergonomic release lever positioned at the head end. Like the seat unit, it also features a ventilation net and viewing window.
The egg Shell 2 i-Size infant carrier offers a full coordinating travel system experience for your egg stroller.
Suitable for rear-facing travel from 40 to 80cm (birth to approx 15 months), the egg Shell 2 car seat meets the most up-to-date i-Size safety testing standards and features an enhanced side-impact protection shell, as well as a memory foam headrest providing optimum cushioning for baby in the event of a collision. In addition, the egg Shell 2 has enhanced inner-body padding (for use from newborn), which provides key support for both the side and upper leg muscles on car journeys. As their muscles strengthen, develop and grow, these key protective cushions can be removed, enabling baby to use the seat up to a maximum weight of 13kg.
The egg Shell 2 can be installed in the car using the adult seatbelt or the egg Shell ISOFIX base (included).
The egg Shell 2 can be used on your egg2 pushchair chassis with the use of multi car seat adaptors (included) and cleverly uses the multi-position handle of the car seat to lock it in position.
egg 2 specifications:
- Suitability: 6 months - 25kg. From birth with included carrycot or newborn insert (sold separately)
- Weight: 15.5kg
- Open size: 113(h) x 59(w) x 84.5-96(l)cm
- Folded size (chassis with wheels): 71(h) x 32(d) x 59(w)cm
- Handle height: 99 - 111cm
- Width: 57cm
- Seat back height: 59cm
- Basket capacity: 21 litres, max 3kg
- Wheel diameter: Front 18.8cm, rear 28cm
- Available colours: Cobalt, Feather, Monument Grey, Olive, Paprika, Quartz, Diamond Black Special Edition, Jurassic Grey Special Edition, Just Black Special Edition
- Luxury bundle includes: Pushchair with bumper bar, raincover, insect net, reversible fleece seat liner, carrycot, footmuff, changing backpack, egg Shell i-Size infant car seat, ISOFIX base, car seat adaptors
egg Shell car seat
- Suits: Baby
- Ages and stages: 40 - 80cm (birth - approx 12-15 months), maximum 13kg
- ISOFIX attachment: Both. Secure with adult seatbelt or compatible ISOFIX base (included)
- Faces: Rear-facing
- Extended rear-facing: No
- Spins: No
- Colour style: Plain
- Testing certification: ECE R129