Key features of the Oyster 3
- A stunning chassis delicately dressed with gorgeous fabrics and brand signatures
- Lie-flat recline - suitable from birth
- Stroller can be folded with seat unit attached
- Hood and harness height can be adjusted to suit a growing infant
- Stitched-in sun visor and ventilation net; hood hosts a UV 50+ rating
- Button adjust calf-rest; footwell can be popped outwards for additional comfort
- Spacious and ventilated shopping basket
- Unique turbine wheel design for a precision finish
- Front swivel wheels with one-click locking mechanism
- Foam-filled PU tyres and all-round suspension for a smoother all-terrain push
The Oyster 3 seat unit has a lie-flat recline so is suitable from birth should you need it. Though the seat unit of the Oyster 3 can be used from birth, you can also purchase a carrycot to use on your pushchair chassis.
The BabyStyle Oyster 3 is suitable right up to 20kg, which is great compared to lots of strollers only tested to 15kg. The clever magnetic harness, hood and headrest are all connected and adjust simultaneously by squeezing the buttons at each side of the hood. They can then be moved up and down together to adjust the height needed, much better than having to re-thread!
The hood is large and features an additional section that can be unzipped for great coverage. There is also a flip-out sun visor at the front and it offers UPF50+ protection. The canopy has a ventilation section towards the back, which is really useful in hotter weather, and can also be used as a peek-a-boo window. The hood is finished with a metal trim to coordinate with the pushchair chassis.
The calf-rest at the bottom of the seat can be propped up for younger babies and nap times or lowered back into position to accommodate an older child. Underneath the calf-rest there is a zip-open pocket, ideal for small essentials or an insect net accessory.
The detachable leatherette bumper bar is gate opening and swings out of the way easily when getting baby in and out. The seat unit can be attached both parent and world facing and it is so easy to remove it from the chassis. Simply pull the handle strap in the base of the seat with one hand and lift up!
Large with chrome-effect rims, the wheels have rubber feel tyres that are foam filled. Durable and puncture proof, they offer a smooth ride with the built in, all round suspension. The front wheels swivel or can be locked in to position for rougher terrain using the handy switch at the bottom of the footrest. The brake is right in the centre of the rear wheel axle and is easy to pop on and off with a touch of your toes.
The shopping basket is a really good size and there is plenty of space to slide shopping bags in and out with ease. There's also a netted pocket towards the front which is perfect for a raincover.
The handlebar is a telescopic and adjusted using a central one-handed squeeze button. It is covered in leatherette that adds to the overall appearance.
If you need a carrycot with your pushchair, a full travel system with infant car seat, or accessories from a matching footmuff or changing bag to a bottle holder or buggy lock, take a look at the different bundles available on the Pushchair Expert Shop site!
Oyster 3 specifications:
- Suitability: From birth - 22kg
- Weight: 12kg
- Open size: 77 x 57 x 109cm
- Folded size: 70 x 57 x 37cm
- Width: 57cm
- Seat height: 47 - 55cm
- Warranty: 2 years
- Available colours: Caviar, Cherry, Mercury, Mustard, Pepper, Rich Navy, Tonic, Vanilla
- Luxury Bundle includes: Pushchair with bumper bar and raincover, carrycot, Oyster Capsule i-Size infant car seat, Duofix ISOFIX base, car seat adaptors, footmuff and changing bag
Conclusion: The Oyster is one of the most popular pushchairs of all time with universal appeal. Now in its third generation, it has had a total makeover. The new Oyster3 by BabyStyle is virtually unrecognisable from the Oyster2 but still retains that signature Oyster DNA we know and love.