At a glance
Ages and stages: 40 - 83cm (birth - approx 15 months), maximum 13kg
ISOFIX attachment: Both. Secure with adult seatbelt or compatible ISOFIX base (sold separately)
Extended rear-facing: No
Colour style: Plain
Size: 69(l) x 44(w) x 59.8(h)cm
Weight: 3kg (Grey Melange; weight may vary slightly for other fabrics)
Available colours: Black, Grey Melange, Steel Blue
Testing certification: R129
The newly developed Turtle Air shell is ultra-light and seriously protective thanks to Aeroflex™ foam, which is lightweight, resilient, and minimises force transferred to the baby by absorbing and diffusing energy. The materials are carefully curated and include aerospace aluminum and lightweight fabrics.
With a weight of 3kg in the Grey Mélange (this may vary slightly for the other colours), the Turtle Air is 1.2kg lighter than the original Bugaboo Turtle by Nuna, and one of the lightest i-Size infant carriers on the market, making it ideal for parents with slighter frames or back problems.
The Bugaboo Turtle Air by Nuna offers improved side impact protection through the newly developed ISOFIX Wingbase (sold separately) with automatically activated ‘side impact protection wings’ and a newly designed three-piece infant insert.
The seat also features a no-rethread 3-point harness for maximum security and ease of use, and ultimate comfort from day one in the form of a premium merino wool baby inlay, which is super-soft and aids with temperature control. The premium foam used in the padding ensures continued comfort as your little passenger grows, and the signature Bugaboo canopy and smart visor transform the car seat into a cosy cocoon for naps on the go.
Designed in collaboration with premium car seat brand Nuna, the Bugaboo Turtle Air has been created for safety credentials and comfort hand in hand with the distinctive Bugaboo style for seamless integration with your Bugaboo pushchair. The overall aesthetics and carry handle are a perfect match. Easily click your Turtle Air on and off your Bugaboo pushchair frame using the compatible adaptors (sold separately), giving you all the convenience of a full travel system for those short trips into the shop or on the nursery run!
- Ultralight, easy to transport, lift and carry
- 3-point harness for maximum on-the-go safety
- Sun canopy comes with UPF 50+ sun protection rate
- Peek-a-boo window for optimal airflow
- Allows you to always keep an eye on your little one
- Smart visor with magnetic clips creates a quiet cocoon for naps
- Ultrasoft, all-season merino wool baby insert
- Adjustable head support for a perfect fit as your baby grows
- Pairs seamlessly with your Bugaboo pushchair with matching adapters
- Compatible with all Bugaboo pushchairs (except Bugaboo Ant)
- Rigorously tested and certified for top safety on the road
- Approved for aeroplane use
- Fabrics (97% polyester, 3% spandex) are machine washable. Please check the product label for specific washing instructions.
The current safety guidelines advise that newborn babies are not left in their car seat for longer than 30 minutes. For babies 2-6 months, no longer than 2 hours. It is also safer to keep your child rear-facing for as long as possible - a minimum of 15 months but ideally 4 years. A child should never be in their harnessed car seat with a thick winter coat or snowsuit on.