At a glance
Ages and stages: 40 - 85cm (birth - approx 15 months), maximum 13kg
ISOFIX attachment: Both. Secure with adult seatbelt or compatible ISOFIX base (sold separately)
Extended rear-facing: No
Available colours: Pavement
Colour style: Plain
Size: 66(l) x 43.5(w) x 58.5(h)cm
Testing certification: ECE R129/00
Meet i-Gemm 2, a safe and secure snuggler meeting the latest and greatest standard. Part of the complete i-Size Safe System, ready to grow from birth to 13kg.
The Tri-Protect headrest with patented Intelli-Fit foam provides side impact certified protection, along with other latest and greatest safety features that go above and beyond the i-Size standard.
Pair with the i-Base Advance which also holds the i-Size certified i-Venture child seat, for one simple system and endless adventures.
This infant carrier is also the perfect partner to compatible Joie pushchairs, packed with comfort and convenience extras including a zip-open expandable canopy, plush infant insert, and airline certification.
- Part of the award-winning i-Size Safe System
- Meets the new i-Size ECE R129/00 standard
- Compatible with most Joie pushchairs and with other pushchairs using Maxi-Cosi® car seat adapters
- Must be used with Joie i-Base™, i-Base™ Advance or i-Base™ LX for i-Size certification. The i-Gemm may also be used without a base, installed with the vehicle seat belt, offering protection under the ECE R44/04 testing standard.
- Suitable rearward facing from birth to 85cm, and less than 13kg
- Features patented Intelli-Fit™ foam for ultimate side impact protection
- Exclusive Tri-Protect™ headrest offers 3 layers of security
- Curved base allows for rocking and relaxing
- Grow Together™ multi-height headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no re-threading of harness
- Multi-position, ergonomic carry handle with soft-grip overmold
- Removable newborn insert
- Retractable, removable UPF 50+ sun canopy features a zip-open ventilation panel
- Padded shoulder harness and lower buckle covers
- Airline certified so you and baby can always travel with ease
The current safety guidelines advise that newborn babies are not left in their car seat for longer than 30 minutes. For babies 2-6 months, no longer than 2 hours. It is also safer to keep your child rear-facing for as long as possible - a minimum of 15 months but ideally 4 years. A child should never be in their harnessed car seat with a thick winter coat or snowsuit on.